I’ve often felt inspired to blog about programming or other technically detailed subjects, but I’ve wanted MemeMachineGo! to remain of general interest and accessibility (at least relatively) and not to put one of my co-bloggers to sleep.
But first I needed a good name.
- It’s Only Ones and Zeroes Obvious; so taken
- Hauling Up the Data on the Xerox Line Too old-school; didn’t like the company-specific reference
- Bit Pusher or Pushing Bits Taken, even if not by a blog; suggestive of lower-level coding than I normally do.
- Analytical Engine Obvious; taken.
- Diagonality Close, but not quite; suggestive of an emphasis on Perl that I don’t anticipate.
- Rewarding Idiocy Likewise, overly suggestive of a Perl emphasis; provides too easy a cheap shot for anyone disagreeing with me.
- Dysfunctional Programming Likewise the cheap shot.
- Hyperfocus Very close, but, again, provides too easy a cheap shot to accuse me of missing the forest for the trees. (The Microserfs excerpt actually says “narrow-focus”, but remains a handy explanation of what I mean.)
- Turism Liked the homage to Turing, but not right.
- Snatching the Error Code from the Trap Frame Not bad, but a bit twee.
- Strange Loops Oh, so close. Taken.
- Strange Loopiness Sublime perfection.
It is not coincidental that I have begun this on the Vernal Equinox.